Today, city staff have come back with an update on the Brian Coburn Extension project. I am pleased to see progress on this very important file, as Innes Ward both needs and deserves adequate roadway infrastructure for residents. I will continue to work with the community and city staff to ensure the needs of our community are being met.
The key points in this update are:
- The expanded project scope, which includes the widening of Blair Road for combined bus only and high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- The short-listing of the roadway and Bus Rapid Transit proposals from seven to four viable options.
- The evaluation criteria for the four remaining options developed in consultation with the NCC.
Staff have additionally advised that the next steps for this project will include further community consultations, with an additional open house expected to take place this fall. During this consultation period, they will present the following information:
- Evaluation and assessment of the four roadway and bus rapid transit ultimate options and the recommended option.
- Recommended short-term and affordable Transit Priority solutions (Chapel Hill Park and Ride to Blair Road at Innes Road).
- Recommended design options for the Blair Road widening for Transit Priority.
For more information on this project, including plans highlighting the four shortlisted options, please visit: https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/brian-coburn-extension-cumberland-transitway-westerly-alternate-corridor-ea-study