O-Train Trillium Line South Extension
– Walkley Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF)
– Helical pile installation is underway.
– Helical pile installation is a ground anchoring system used for constructing foundations. Similar to a screw being drilled into a piece of wood, helical piles are run into the ground in a spiral, creating an anchor for the foundation.
• Airport Link
– Earthworks, culvert installation, and embankment construction are ongoing west of Uplands Drive.
• Uplands Drive Rail Bridge
– East column construction is complete.
– West column construction is underway.
• Airport Parkway Rail Bridge
– Column construction is currently underway on the west side of the Airport Parkway Rail Bridge.
• Bowesville Road Rail Bridge
– Caisson drilling is complete on the west. Crews have commenced pouring concrete.
– Caisson drilling is underway on the east.
• Guideway construction is ongoing between Lester Road and Leitrim Road
• Earthworks, grading and tree clearing are ongoing between Leitrim Road and Limebank Road.
O-Train Confederation Line East Extension
• Tree and vegetation removal
– Tree clearing is underway on both the north and south sides of the 174 between Blair Road and Trim Road.
– Clearing activities are approximately 70% complete.
• OR174 Road Relocation (Blair to east of the Montreal Interchange)
– Crews are reconfiguring OR 174 ramps at the Montreal Road Interchange to facilitate bridge construction. New ramps opened the week of November 18. Relocations of OR174 lanes will follow.
– Ongoing works include the installation of temporary concrete barriers, traffic signals, and steel safety fencing, excavation and hauling of road material, and paving work.
– In order to keep daily traffic along OR 174 moving during peak hours, some of this work will occur during overnight hours through December 2019.
• 174 Preparatory Activities (at Jeanne d’Arc to Place D’Orleans)
o Crews removed overhead highway signage along OR 174 eastbound lanes and installed temporary signage.
o In order to keep daily traffic along OR 174 moving during peak hours, some of this work will occur during overnight hours through December 2019.
• Hydro One Raising Work along OR 174 near Trim Station
– Hydro One has completed the replacement hydro poles near Trim Station in order to accommodate the future construction activities.
• East site office set up:
– Installation efforts are underway at Trim Road.
O-Train Confederation Line West Extension
• Tree and vegetation removal
– Clearing is currently underway at the following locations:
▪ Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF)
▪ Woodroffe Stormwater Pond
▪ Carling Avenue
▪ Connaught Avenue and Southwest Transitway
▪ Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway
– Clearing is planned for the following locations pending permits and approvals):
▪ Bayshore Station
▪ Lincoln Fields Station
• Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway (SJAM) Cut and Cover Tunnel Preparatory Works
– SJAM is shifting north to accommodate the space required to construct a cut-and-cover tunnel between Dominion Station and Cleary Avenue.
– Off-peak lane reductions may occur between Dominion Avenue and Cleary Avenue, although bidirectional traffic will always be maintained.
– The new westbound lanes opened on November 22.
– Temporary eastbound traffic lane construction will resume in the spring of 2020.
• Woodroffe Pond Preparatory Works
– Multi-Use Pathway construction is underway.
– Excavation of Woodroffe Pond will begin when Environmental Compliance Approval permit has been received.
Page 5 of 5
• West site office set up:
– Final installation efforts are underway at the Baseline Road and Navaho Drive day-to-day yard. Occupation is anticipated to take place in December.
– Installation efforts are underway at the Moodie Drive and Rochester Fields site offices.
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
Stage 2 drop in information sessions are planned to occur in December through to early 2020. Each session will provide a project overview and cater to a specific geographic area:
• Cleary Station to Lincoln Fields Station (December 3, 2019)
• Blair Station to Trim Station (December 5, 2019)
• Tunney’s Pasture Station to Dominion Station (December 9, 2019)
• Iris Station to Baseline Station (December 11, 2019)
• Lincoln Fields ‘Flyover’ Bridge to Moodie Station (December 12, 2019)
• South Keys Station to Airport Station and Limebank Station (2020 TBD)
• Bayview Station to Greenboro Station (2020 TBD)
New tools have been established for stakeholders to stay up to date on the Stage 2 LRT project. The main source of information for the project is Ottawa.ca/Stage2, where stakeholders can now access the following:
• New Stage 2 LRT interactive map
• New Stage 2 LRT newsletter
• Station descriptions and renderings
• Factsheets and other helpful resources
The project’s website has transitioned to Ottawa.ca/stage2. Staff continue to engage with Councillors and community stakeholders as work progresses. Stakeholders can continue to direct inquiries to the Stage 2 LRT project’s email account, Stage2@ottawa.ca.