Preparatory activities (borehole drilling, top soil stripping, site office mobilization, pre-construction surveys, tree clearing, etc.) are currently underway on each O-Train extension.
O-Train Trillium Line South Extension
- Walkley Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF)
– In coordination with OC Transpo Rail Operations, preparatory works such as surveying, clean up, trackwork and fencing are underway at the future site of the new Walkley Yard Maintenance and Storage Facility.
– Foundation excavation for the future Walkley Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF) is currently underway.
- Top soil removal is currently taking place between Uplands Drive and Airport Station along with culvert installation and embankment construction
- Uplands Structures Yard set up is complete and being utilized to support ongoing construction activities.
- 3200 metric tonnes of rail has arrived in the Port of Prescott. Rail will be delivered to Ottawa by truck this fall.
- Caisson drilling is currently underway at Uplands Drive to support the construction of the future bridge structure.
O-Train Confederation Line East Extension
- Tree clearing along Ottawa Road 174 between Blair and Green’s Creek is underway.
- East site office and day-to-day yard set up (Montreal Road and OR 174)
– Office trailer installation is nearly complete with utility connections underway.
– This site will be used for the coordination of Confederation Line East construction activities, targeting occupation in October.
- Pre-construction surveys
– East-West Connectors (EWC) have retained DST Consulting Engineers to carry out a pre-construction survey of the homes and buildings located within close proximity to the project. They will be documenting properties to establish the existing conditions of the interior and exterior of buildings near the alignment, prior to construction.
O-Train Confederation Line West Extension
- Tree clearing will begin in October at several priority areas including Iris Station to Baseline Station, Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF) area, and the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway area.
- Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway (SJAM) Cut and Cover Tunnel Preparatory Works
– Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway is shifting north to accommodate the space required to construct a cut-and-cover tunnel between Dominion Station and Cleary Avenue.
– Off-peak lane reductions between Dominion Avenue and Cleary Avenue are anticipated in late October, although bidirectional traffic will be maintained at all times.
– Gravel spreading, watering and compaction are currently underway
– Crews have commenced asphalt spreading in areas where compaction has been completed.
- West site office and day-to-day yard set up (Baseline Road and Navaho Drive)
– Granular pad installation is complete and most of the office trailers have arrived on site.
– This site will be used for the coordination of Confederation Line West construction activities.
- Building demolition is currently underway within the project limits:
– On the east side of Connaught Avenue between Severn Avenue and Hanlon Avenue (three houses).
– On Richmond Road, east of Cleary Avenue (one strip mall).
– Crews have commenced preparatory activities such as tree removal, decommissioning utilities and site fencing.
- Borehole drilling is currently underway in the following locations:
– Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway nearby Churchill
– Dominion Station
- Borehole drilling is scheduled to occur at the following locations:
– Lincoln Fields Tunnel Portal
– Pinecrest Creek SWM Pond
– Tunney’s Pasture Station
- Pre-construction surveys
– East-West Connectors (EWC) have retained DST Consulting Engineers to carry out a pre-construction survey of the homes and buildings located within close proximity to the project. As indicated in the east update, DST will be documenting properties to establish the existing conditions of the interior and exterior of buildings near the alignment, prior to the start of construction.