Daytime: 1-2 pm local time
The daytime show, Canada Day Across the Country, offers a virtual tour of the celebrations and many surprises. With hosts Serena Ryder and Pierre-Yves Lord, discover talented artists.
Evening: 8-10pm local time
The evening show, Canada Day Together, is a very special edition of Canada’s annual iconic celebration. Let yourself be entertained by great Canadian artists, in the comfort of your home.
At 10 pm on July 1, wherever you are in Canada, enjoy Canada Day fireworks in a fun and innovative way. Watch on your mobile device or computer.
Canada Day Scavenger Hunt
Celebrate Canada Day with a themed Scavenger Hunt that you can do around your neighbourhood.
Online/ Indoor Activities
Fun, printable, Canada Day colouring pages for kids!
Eager to explore Canada? From national gallery and museum collections, to virtual tours of Canada’s natural treasures, to catalogues of Canadian stories and history… there’s so much to discover!
Explore Canada virtually with travel vloggers Gunnarolla, Hey Nadine, An Tran and artist Yaovi Hoyi — plus a surprise guest who’s outta this world!
Canada Day Celebration Kit
In collaboration with our partners, we have prepared interactive, creative and educational activities for the whole family. Have fun exploring each activity pack and share your experience using the hashtag #CanadaDay.
Canadian Showtime Chorus
Canada Day Recipes
Celebrate Canada Watermelon Salad
Canada Day Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
Canada Day 2020 — Let’s cook together!
Are you up for a tasty cooking challenge? Join celebrity Chef Ricardo and show off your culinary talents.
Stay Safe, Stay Local, Support Local
- No Canada Day events are planned on Parliament Hill or in Major’s Hill Park this year. Everyone is encouraged to celebrate the holiday in their neighbourhood
- Make Canada Day fun and safe for everyone by staying close to home and supporting your favourite local businesses.
- If you’re going out for a meal, make sure to include face masks, physical distancing and handwashing.
- Don’t litter in parks and beaches. Put your waste in the park bins or bring it with you to dispose in your own recycling/green bins and garbage containers.
- OC Transpo will offer no charge service all-day on Canada Day. Service levels have been adjusted to accommodate the reduced ridership as a result of many Canada Day celebrations transitioning to a virtual format.
- Buses will run on a Sunday schedule with night service beginning at 11 pm on Routes N39, N45, N57, N61, N75 and N97. O-Train Line 1 will operate on a reduced weekday schedule, with increased evening service until 1 am. Line 2 bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule, with increased service in the evening until midnight.
- Customers are now required to wear cloth masks when entering buses, trains, stations and Para Transpo minibuses and contracted taxis.