Ottawa Public Health is calling on all businesses to be COVID Wise Together and Mask Up Outdoors!
Please consider supporting the COVID Wise Together and Outdoor Masks campaigns.
Promote local businesses that are COVID Wise Together
COVID Wise Together is a campaign to support businesses to implement health and safety measures and promote their actions to help prevent transmission of COVID19 to help build consumer confidence in our local businesses.
COVID Wise Together has been developed in collaboration with the City of Ottawa’s Economic Development Services.
Participating businesses are asked to commit to implementing the following COVID Wise measures:
- Posting signage to remind everyone about physical distancing and the mandatory mask policy;
- Following the mandatory mask bylaw;
- Ensuring employees wear a mask whenever they cannot maintain 2 metre distance (including in break rooms and non-public spaces);
- Encouraging customers to wear a mask in outdoor settings if they cannot maintain 2 metre distance;
- Screening all employees for symptoms of COVID-19 before each shift and ensuring they stay home if they have symptoms or feel unwell;
- Changing processes and/or using visible markers to ensure 2 metre physical distancing;
- Reminding employees and customers to maintain physical distance of 2 metres (six feet) at all times, and as much as possible;
- Providing hand sanitizer or hand washing stations for customers and employees; and
- Ensuring employees are informed/trained on the importance of all these measures.
Businesses that have implemented the above measures are encouraged to use COVID Wise Together resources to promote that their business is COVID Wise.
The following COVID Wise Together campaign products are available for businesses and associations:
- Window decal
- Digital graphics for web and social media
- Sample social media posts
COVID Wise Together is not a certification from Ottawa Public Health. Businesses displaying the COVID Wise Together signage are demonstrating they are making efforts as part of our community wide response to prevent the spread of COVID-19.